When it comes to flattening your belly and getting rid of that flab around your middle, there are a number of important steps that you need to take, including choosing the right flat belly foods. Naturally, that includes both eating right and exercising. However, there are a few little extra efforts that you can make that can help to ease the process along.
For example, while it is a good idea to eat a healthy, well balanced, portion controlled diet that is reduced in calories if you want to lose weight, there are certain specific foods that are great for pushing that process along, boosting its effectiveness, and targeting your middle.
Examples of Yummy Flat Belly Foods
Give yourself a bit of an advantage for losing fat and building muscles in your abs by choosing the following flat belly foods:
- Almonds and certain other nuts – One of the keys to getting the most out of eating healthy nuts such as almonds, is by consuming them with their skins intact. These are a great choice for busting belly flab because they help you to reduce food cravings while building ab muscles. They are a recommended food for fighting obesity, but are also great for building muscle, preventing muscle loss, fighting heart disease, combating cancer, reducing high blood pressure, and even preventing wrinkles on your skin.
- Beans and legumes – These are high in fiber, tasty, and very filling. This helps to turn a regular meal into one that will satisfy your hunger. Beans and legumes are great for helping you to burn fat, build muscle, and regulate your digestion. They are an important part of fighting obesity and are also great for reducing high blood sugar, decreasing the chance of heart disease, and lowering the risk of colon cancer.
- Spinach and other green veggies – When it comes to flattening out your middle, green leafy veggies like spinach, and other green colored vegetables should be a central part of the effort. These foods are a terrific way to neutralize the impact of free radicals (the molecules that speed up the aging process and make it harder to lose weight). They are also known for helping the body to overcome obesity, prevent osteoporosis, fight cancer, and reduce the risk of heart disease.
How to Use These Foods to Flatten Your Belly
Simply by adding the right types of foods to your properly balanced diet, you can give yourself a considerable advantage to losing weight specifically around your middle. That said, simply choosing to add spinach or almonds to your diet doesn’t mean you’ll automatically drop the pounds.
There is more to using foods to flatten your belly than just eating them.
Use the following tips to help make sure that when you do use these foods strategically, you’ll be giving yourself the advantage you were hoping for:
- Choose flat belly foods to replace those that would contribute to weight gain. That way, you’re removing an obstacle while giving yourself a benefit.
- Don’t eat an unlimited amount. Remember that portion and calorie control still matter regardless of the foods you choose. Almonds, for instance, are very high in calories. They’re great for promoting weight management, but not if you eat too many. A handful – no more than ten – is usually considered to be enough.
- Eat a combination of these ingredients for the best results. Just having one of these foods can help to give your body some helpful weight management nutrients. That said, none of these foods are a cure for dropping the pounds. If you want to give yourself the greatest advantage, consider combining these ingredients. Have more than one throughout the day and do the same tomorrow.
- Keep up a healthy overall diet. Don’t just rely on these foods to do all the work for you. Let the rest of your diet support the choices you make to keep your body burning fat efficiently. This means to balance your nutrition, achieve a solid ratio of macronutrients (fats, proteins and carbohydrates), and consume lots of fiber and antioxidants at the same time. There is a learning curve, so take this effort on as a gradual process you learn over time.
You’ll still need to exercise and eat right, but these foods will accelerate the process. Allow your smart choices to support all the other efforts you’re making, from your diet to your workouts and from your stress control to your efforts to get a great sleep every night. Each step you take will play its own role in your weight loss successes.
Before making any major changes to your diet, including switching many of your usual ingredients to flat belly foods, make sure to talk with your doctor. This will help you to know that your decisions will be appropriate for your health, your goals and your expectations.